Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tremors of Ramadhan Al Mubarak 1428H : Indonesian Earthquake



7:15 pm - September 12th, 2007
Right after finishing my 'dinner', while preparing for Maghrib prayer.. there are small continous weird 'krack krack' sound from one of my rooms. Wonder what causing that unfamiliar sound. Absolutely never hear before.

"Maybe it's because of strong wind"

Immediately , I found myself 'swaying' a bit. More than a minute , I'm pretty sure.. Then, wait no more... put on what ever piece of clothes that possible.. rush to the 'ground zero'. (emergency meeting place). Neighbors from each and every level also wasting no time, rushing downstairs to get 'as low as possible' to minimize the 'swaying' effect.

About 15 minutes later, we (Muslims) proceed to Musolla and perform the Maghrib prayer. Things are getting better.

Quickly going back to our puri, tune in to the latest prime time news. Yes. As what I'm wondering off. It's an earthquake.

..satu gempa bumi berukuran 7.9 skala richter telah menggegarkan sumatra, satu terkorban...( an earthquake on 7.9 richter scale bla bla sumatra indonesia bla bla , one dead... )


Look back. What you have done and not yet capable of doing... do some muhasabah on ourself (myself top priority of course)..... And answer: "Are we prepare?"

via[1]

No comments: